Hampshire & Surrey Blinds
Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
- All prices include fitting.
- Prices are valid for 8 weeks from date of quotation.
- 50% Deposit is required to commence order.
- Hampshire & Surrey Blinds will notify you if there are any supply issues with fabrics and discuss timescales should any availability problems occur.
- Once order is placed, client has 24 hours from time of payment to change anything on the quotation/order.
- All blinds are “Made to Measure” and therefore once deposit placed, after 24 hours it is non refundable.
- The blinds are “Bespoke” and “Made to Measure” to your requirements. As such they fall into the category of tailor-made products within the Consumer Contracts Regulations and hence you will not be able to cancel your Order. This will not affect your legal rights as a consumer in relation to made-to-measure Goods that are faulty or not as described.
- Installation can be staggered to allow for decoration of rooms, however if it is a single blind installation, a mileage charge will be applied at 45p per mile to client address. Payable on day of fitting.
- Vertical Blinds are guaranteed for 1 year, Wood Venetians for 1 year, Roller Blinds 1 year, Roman Blinds 1 year, Perfect Fit for 1 year, this covers failure of materials, stitching, track parts, headrail mechanism.
- No damage by a 3rd party, malicious damage, general wear and tear on entire blind system (Track/Trucks/Controls/Slats/Weights/Chains) or Sun Fade on material will be covered.
- Hampshire & Surrey Blinds will not be held liable for any damage caused to the property during installation. (As discussed during quotation of possible damage to bathroom tiles and plastering within window recesses). All fitting options to be discussed prior to installation.
- Should you notice any defects you should notify us in writing within a reasonable time from their supply.
- Whilst every attempt is made by us to ensure that the Goods supplied match in every respect and samples shown or description given to you, any minor or immaterial variation between sample or description and the Goods delivered shall not entitle you to reject the Goods, nor to withhold or reduce payment of the purchase price, nor claim any compensation for such variation or change.
- We warrant that, should any defect in material or workmanship occur within the relevant warranty period after the date of delivery and installation of the relevant Goods, we will arrange with you to examine the Goods and, if the Goods are defective, we shall either repair or replace the defective Goods free of any charge for labour or materials (always providing that the Goods have not been subject to any misuse or modification).
- Full payment upon completion of installation unless a staggered install has been agreed, in which case full payment is required after 1st installation date.
- Payments can be made by Credit/Debt Card/BACS/Cheque/Cash.
- In the event that your final balance payment is not received, for example if your card declines or your cheque bounces, or if you fail to make payment once fitting has taken place, we may instruct internal or external debt collectors to collect the monies due from you under this contract. Where we instruct any debt collector we reserve the right to charge you, in addition to the overdue amount and accrued interest, and any other remedies or rights that we may have, for any charges reasonably incurred by us in instructing a debt collector.
- Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, any delivery or supply date or time specified by us in any Order or otherwise is a best estimate only and we will not be liable to you for any loss or damage (including for the avoidance of doubt any loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data or any waste of time related to a cancelled fitting appointment) sustained by you if we fail to meet that timescale because of circumstances beyond our reasonable control. The Order relates to a made-to-measure product which is exempt from delivery within a 30 day period, as the delivery time for a made-to-measure product may vary by several weeks.
- It is a condition of these terms that access to the property is made available at the mutually agreed dates for Survey and Installation. In order to ensure safe working practices, it is a condition of these terms that the area in which the works are to be carried out is cleared of but not limited to pets, plants, furniture, breakable items and household residents.
- The company requires 24 hours’ notice of a cancelled appointment.
- Regulations have been introduced to reduce the strangulation risk to small children posed by looped blind cords. These regulations make it mandatory that all blinds should be fitted with appropriate safety devices. If at the point of fitting you refuse to have such a safety device fitted, then we will be unable to install the Goods. In such circumstances you will remain liable for the full cost of the Goods ordered and you agree that you will not treat our refusal to install the Goods as a fundamental breach of the Contract and you will remain bound under the Contract to take delivery of the Goods. For avoidance of doubt we consider this clause to be reasonable in all circumstances given our obligations under the regulations. This will not affect your legal rights as a consumer in relation to any Goods that are faulty.
- Whilst all fabrics supplied by us are tested in accordance with BS EN ISO 105 B02, fading will inevitably occur. However, performance of the product is unimpaired and the warranties provided shall not apply in relation to fading/discolouration caused by fair wear and tear; and/or where the relevant fault or defect has been caused by your misuse and/or neglect of the Goods; and/or by accidents caused while the Goods are in your possession.
- We will not be liable to you by way of representation (unless fraudulent), common law duty or under any express or implied term of the contract for: any losses which are not foreseeable by both Parties when the Contract is formed arising in connection with the supply of Goods and related Services or their use by you; any losses which are not caused by any breach by us; or business or trade losses.
- Nothing in this Contract excludes or limits our liability for: death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our Employees, Design Specialists or Installers; liability for damage to property or injury to persons under the Consumer Protection Act 1987; fraud; or any other matter that we cannot by law exclude or restrict.
- Any parking restrictions outside client property are the responsibility of the client to ensure any employee, sales and fitting staff are provided with appropriate badges/parking scratch cards or permits. Failure to supply or tell staff of these restrictions will make the client liable for any fines or penalties incurred. Should the client refuse to pay any fines/penalties incurred, we may instruct internal or external debt collectors to collect the monies due from you under this contract. Where we instruct any debt collector we reserve the right to charge you, in addition to the overdue amount and accrued interest, and any other remedies or rights that we may have, for any charges reasonably incurred by us in instructing a debt collector.
- No waiver by us of any breach of the Contract by you is considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
Each provision of this Contract shall be construed separately and notwithstanding that the whole or any part of any such provision may prove to be illegal or unenforceable the other provisions of this Contract and the remainder of the provision in question shall continue in full force and effect.
- As a consumer, there are certain terms implied into your contract with us which we cannot exclude or limit (for example, under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 we have to supply goods to you which are fit for their purpose). It is important for you to know that nothing in these terms affects these statutory rights.
- The Contract is governed by the laws of England and the English courts shall have the non-exclusive jurisdiction to resolve any disputes arising out of or under it.
- Risk in the Goods passes upon delivery and fitting, but title will only pass to the customer upon payment in full being made.